Annons

Modellen vill ha ALLA bilder från plåtningen

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

ChristerRose

Aktiv medlem
Of course they do, at least sometimes, but if it is a TFP-project the pictures belongs to the model as much as they belong to me. And still, if friends see Ms Mooona-Liiza show a picture of herself, how many of her friends care about "quality"? They look at it for two seconds and may click on a thumb and then over to next picture. Do you really think they spend one single thought about the photographer? I do not. If I decide to show some pictures from the session I will make them as good as I can. Those pictures will be connected to me in another way. Agree?
The pictures belong to the photographer, his/her responsibility to the model - as well as to himself - is to produce as *good* images as possible - *and* deliver what he and the model agreed upon.

But, as some here has said - *what* kind of *quality* is up to the photographer.

And if he/she is comfortable giving out sub par images, fine, of course.

It is up to each and every one to decide who and what you want to be.

ChristerRose

Aktiv medlem
TFP innebär väl endast att modellen får betalt i form av bilder? Vilka bilder, rättigheter hur många och vilken typ av media modellen får bilderna i är väl en separat avsnitt?

/Stefan R. Nilsson
Http://digitaliz.se
Http://blogg.digitaliz.se
As I wrote:

- *and* deliver what he and the model agreed upon.

The copyright always rest with the photographer unless he/she for some reason decides to sign it away (has to be done in writing).

KGS

Aktiv medlem
As I wrote:

- *and* deliver what he and the model agreed upon.

The copyright always rest with the photographer unless he/she for some reason decides to sign it away (has to be done in writing).
I tell my models that they can use their pictures as they like, that is enough. If someone else uses the pictures without mine or the models approval I am the one who takes the fight. If there is a fight i e.

KGS

Aktiv medlem
Sånt gör jag klart för modellen redan innan. Blir det en bra bild så blir det bara en. Blir det tio bra bilder så blir det tio. Enkelt. Vill modellen inte gå med på det så hittar jag en annan modell. Enkelt. OBS! Leta inte modeller på modell-bilder.se - för då får du just det problemet - att modellen tror sig äga alla rättigheter till bilderna.
Allt funkar på mb också, det handlar bara om att vara överens innan. Jag vet fotografer, åtminstone en, som skrev en release där han garanterade noll bilder. Han fick modeller att ställa upp ändå. Mot det har jag inget att invända, bara parterna är överens i förväg.

ChristerRose

Aktiv medlem
I tell my models that they can use their pictures as they like, that is enough. If someone else uses the pictures without mine or the models approval I am the one who takes the fight. If there is a fight i e.
My "contracts" stipulate what a model can - or cannot be do with the images. I only give out low rez for web use - and I do any and all printing of images (unless it is a commercial client). That way I can control what the final prints looks like - ie. it is sharpened for the correct output size, resolution and medium (glossy print or matte print)

If you don't know what I am talking about, read this - in this prder:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/software/pk-sharpener.shtml

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/photokit_sharpener_2.shtml

Nothing worse than when a "model" takes a high rez file to a Walmart and print at the 1 hour service - or even worse - they decide to "improve" on the final file and *then* go and print it at the 1 hour.

But, this is me - like I said all along - each and everyone needs to decide(and should) how to handle issues like this according to their way of working and what they feel is important - or not.

Now it's time for Christmas - still have some of the home made glögg left...

Wish you all a great Christmas.

KGS

Aktiv medlem
...Nothing worse than when a "model" takes a high rez file to a Walmart and print at the 1 hour service - or even worse - they decide to "improve" on the final file and *then* go and print it at the 1 hour. ...
Quite ok for me. If the model is happy, I am happy. Probably I will never see it, and if I do and find it terrible I will give the model a new print, just to show the difference.

Happy New!

MrKarisma

Aktiv medlem
Allt funkar på mb också, det handlar bara om att vara överens innan. Jag vet fotografer, åtminstone en, som skrev en release där han garanterade noll bilder. Han fick modeller att ställa upp ändå. Mot det har jag inget att invända, bara parterna är överens i förväg.
Det var en grymt smart fotograf. Eftersom det är till portfolio så kan man inte garantera att de blir några bilder som går att använda. Annan sak hade det varit om det hade varit en riktig plåtning.. Då måste man leverera.. Tfp bilder ser jag själv som en möjlighet att testa nya grejer..

erro.se

Aktiv medlem
.....That way I can control what the final prints looks like - ie. it is sharpened for the correct output size, resolution and medium (glossy print or matte print).....
Are you sure you are in control? If a model really wants a print, and he/she has a low resolution digital image, they will probably send it off to print anyway.

KGS

Aktiv medlem
Are you sure you are in control? If a model really wants a print, and he/she has a low resolution digital image, they will probably send it off to print anyway.
Or scan. In worst case they use the beloved cell to make a new digital "original", mooooaaahahahaha
(lots of photoshops makes large copies direct from small originals as well)

ChristerRose

Aktiv medlem
I don't know how it is in Sweden, but in the US, a model most likely would take the CD to Walmart or Costco or similar one hour printer - and they would not print it - due to copyright concerns. The model would have to have a signed permission from the photographer - and usually they will only accept a letterhead.

And it is a dead give away of you go to a printer and ask for an 8 x 10 from a 72 ppi image from a CD.

I put a No Printing Allowed in the File and IPTC data and most printers in the US will look at a file info for copyright.

I also of course put a copyright notice on the low rez images.

But, the most important thing is that I make very clear to the model what she is - or is not allowed to do with the image. The paperwork also states it in no uncertain terms.

And, to be honest, it would be a very stupid model to do this as all she has to do is ASK and I would make a print for her (in addition to the ones she would already have received) - and my prints are a hell of a lot better than what Walmart would give her.

I never give the whole shoot on a CD - the model will only get what images I process and finish - so if she was stupid enough to make a print from a low rez image it would at least be one that I had finished - not a "raw" image. And if I found out I would never work with her again - and like the word gets around very quickly if a model is reliable or not, the same applies to stuff like unauthorized printing.

erro.se

Aktiv medlem
Legal aspects are probably very different in Sweden and the US. I have never heard of printing companies looking for information in IPTC.

Here we just upload a photo to a printing service, and they will probably "warn" us saying that the image is too low resolution to print with good quality. But we can choose to print it anyway.

Let's say a web sized image is 800*600 pixels. At 300 PPI (high quality) that translates to 2,7*2 inches (that's 6,8*5 cm for us europeans). You can probably print it at 15*10 cm with just a little loss of quality.

And why do I think people do this? Because it's easy. And good enough for many. It may be easy to ask for a hi res image, but it's even easier not asking at all. I'm not saying it is what we photographers want, I'm saying that this is how I think people in general think.

ChristerRose

Aktiv medlem
Legal aspects are probably very different in Sweden and the US. I have never heard of printing companies looking for information in IPTC.

Here we just upload a photo to a printing service, and they will probably "warn" us saying that the image is too low resolution to print with good quality. But we can choose to print it anyway.

Let's say a web sized image is 800*600 pixels. At 300 PPI (high quality) that translates to 2,7*2 inches (that's 6,8*5 cm for us europeans). You can probably print it at 15*10 cm with just a little loss of quality.

And why do I think people do this? Because it's easy. And good enough for many. It may be easy to ask for a hi res image, but it's even easier not asking at all. I'm not saying it is what we photographers want, I'm saying that this is how I think people in general think.

I think you are right - *people* in general think and act like that. And, if a photographer doesn't care - why would the model think otherwise? She of course won't.

A lof of what a model will - or will not - do - depends on the photographer - and what kind of relation he/she might have with the "model". And of course if she is a professional model or what we in the US call a "Wanna Be" model.

In the end much of it comes down to how the "photographer" values his/her work.

That's the bottom line.

Hans_Andersson

Aktiv medlem
Om det är en ny modell så finns det alltid ett kontrakt. Tycker att det liksom ingår när man skriver ner konceptet för plåtningen på papper.

När det är TFP så "lovar" jag alltid 3-4 bilder beroende på vad det är vi gör. Men är det en inhyrd modell så ser jag ingen skyldighet att leverera ett visst antal bilder då modellen redan har fått ersättning. Men det brukar alltid bli 5-6 bilder för alla plåtningar.

jag skulle aldrig någonsin ge bort alla bilder.

LottaJohansson

Aktiv medlem
Nästan samtliga av oss har nog varit med om det - modellen vi nyss plåtat vill att man ska skicka samtliga bilder oredigerade, inklusive de man själv inte är särskilt nöjd över.

Men vad ska man svara? Jag vill ju bara visa mina tekniskt rätta bilder som hunnit få sig en överblick genom photoshop, inte alla de 200 oredigerade och halvbra bilderna. Så vad ska man svara modellen som propsar på att man ska skicka ALLA bilder (med risk att de hamnar på hennes blogg)?

Hej!

Jag jobbar som fotograf framförallt i studio och är väl bekant med "problemet". Men jag brukar helt enkelt säga som det är; jag lämnar inte ifrån mig bilder som jag inte är nöjd med med risk för att sätta käppar i hjulen för min egen karriär och rykte. Precis som inte du som modell inte vill visa bilder som DU inte är nöjd med.

Detta brukar få dem att förstå och sätta in det i ett sammanhang som rör dem själva också.
Att jag inte lämnar ifårn mig bilder jag inte är nöjd med är bara ett faktum. Så är det och det får modellen acceptera, vilket dem gör med glada miner om man är ärlig och säger som det är.

Lycka till:)!
MVH Lotta Johansson
www.fotograflottajohansson.wordpress.com

KajMyller

Aktiv medlem
Håller med fullständigt här Har man betalat för en tjänst så ska inte säljaren ha något.
// Kaj

Om det är en ny modell så finns det alltid ett kontrakt. Tycker att det liksom ingår när man skriver ner konceptet för plåtningen på papper.

När det är TFP så "lovar" jag alltid 3-4 bilder beroende på vad det är vi gör. Men är det en inhyrd modell så ser jag ingen skyldighet att leverera ett visst antal bilder då modellen redan har fått ersättning. Men det brukar alltid bli 5-6 bilder för alla plåtningar.

jag skulle aldrig någonsin ge bort alla bilder.

iSolen.se

Nästan samtliga av oss har nog varit med om det - modellen vi nyss plåtat vill att man ska skicka samtliga bilder oredigerade, inklusive de man själv inte är särskilt nöjd över.

Men vad ska man svara? Jag vill ju bara visa mina tekniskt rätta bilder som hunnit få sig en överblick genom photoshop, inte alla de 200 oredigerade och halvbra bilderna. Så vad ska man svara modellen som propsar på att man ska skicka ALLA bilder (med risk att de hamnar på hennes blogg)?
Hon har väl ett kontrollbehov. Då ska du förstås leverera ALLA bilder, fast i tumnagelstorlek. Inklusive alla misstag så att det inte blir några luckor i nummerserien.

Nästa gång, prata lite mer :)

soulmate

Medlem
Tack för alla uppriktiga och matnyttiga svar! Roligt också att det kom igång en liten diskussion här ;) Jag tog i alla fall åt mig av era råd och skickade bara de bilder jag ville själv och struntade i om modellen blev sur (hennes förlust, eller hur är det man säger?). Till nästa gång ska jag ta tag i det här redan innan fotograferingen och göra klart för vad som gäller så jag inte får samma problem. Det hela handlar väl egentligen om att vara rakryggad och stå för sin åsikt, vilket är lite svårt ibland när man vill vara alla till lags ;)

ANNONS