Annons

Camera repair shop needed in Stockholm!

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

kinnith93

Avslutat medlemskap
Good day

My Nikon D610 autofocus is not functioning. I tried all the troubleshooting.
A red glow can be seen across the viewfinder but the lens will not autofocus in viewfinder nor in the live view. You can see a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFumnbHwOaA.

The camera was functioning fine the day before and it was not dropped.

I suspect that the focusing screen is misaligned.

Pls advise if you know of any local shops that could fix this. I cannot go to Nikon Nordic as they take a month to fix this. You could email me at kinnith93@gmail.com

Thanks

Kent Helgesson

Aktiv medlem
Good day

A red glow can be seen across the viewfinder but the lens will not autofocus in viewfinder nor in the live view. You can see a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFumnbHwOaA.

Pls advise if you know of any local shops that could fix this. I cannot go to Nikon Nordic as they take a month to fix this. You could email me at kinnith93@gmail.com

Thanks
Are you sure that the Manual fokus isn't set at the camera?
I've seen that before many times.

Kent Helgesson

Aktiv medlem
Good day

Thanks
The video shows a Canon....so witch camera is the problem , Nikon D610 or Canon?

Fredrik AVT

Aktiv medlem
I assume that the issue is with a D610 and the video of the Canon was for illustration only.

A misaligned focusing screen ought not cause the issue with autofocus as the primary AF array is at the bottom of the camera, reflected by a submirror and the ground glass screen is not involved. Likewise, in live view, the imager is involved and not the ground glass screen nor the primary AF array.

Could the mirror be misaligned or faulty? A faulty mirror would affect both AF systems. If it were misaligned and did not flip up both AF systems would be affected but this occurs mostly after heavy use or drops.

Do you get a sharp live view image with manual focus? Does the mirror flip up for live view AF (it should)?

kinnith93

Avslutat medlemskap
I assume that the issue is with a D610 and the video of the Canon was for illustration only.

A misaligned focusing screen ought not cause the issue with autofocus as the primary AF array is at the bottom of the camera, reflected by a submirror and the ground glass screen is not involved. Likewise, in live view, the imager is involved and not the ground glass screen nor the primary AF array.

Could the mirror be misaligned or faulty? A faulty mirror would affect both AF systems. If it were misaligned and did not flip up both AF systems would be affected but this occurs mostly after heavy use or drops.

Do you get a sharp live view image with manual focus? Does the mirror flip up for live view AF (it should)?

Yes the problem lies with a D610. The video of canon is for illustration.

There is a sharp live view image with manual focus. Yes the mirror flips up for live view.

To add on, the left buttons on the camera (brkt, flash) are not responding. Hard reset also fails to activate. I suspect it is a circuit problem, but my main concern is making autofocus work again. I dont care about the left buttons. Kindly let me know if any professional can fix this.

email me at kinnith93@gmail.com with your rates.

Fredrik AVT

Aktiv medlem
Have you tried removing the battery and reinserting - it's worth a try. Secondly, you can try to clean the electrical contacts on the mount that connect to the matching lens contacts. Clean the lens' contacts also. A Q-tip should work. If you are still unsuccessful, then it may indeed be a circuit issue in which case you'll need repair. Unfortunately the circuitry is propriatary so I would suggest a Nikon repair facility and I believe that Nikon Nordic is still i business in Solna (Stockholm). Apparently, they no longer accept drop in so you'll need to mail it there along with a description of the issue. English should work fine.

ANNONS