Annons

Extreme Macro Photography...

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

Camerans

Aktiv medlem
Just out of general interest, I thought I'd tell you guys about some interesting lenses I picked up a few days back.
They are as follows:

19mm f/2.8
Macro-Nikkor

35mm f/4.5
Macro-Nikkor

65 mm f/4.5
Macro-Nikkor

120mm f/6.3
Macro-Nikkor

They were designed to use together with the Nikon Multiphot camera for medical/microscopy.
They can go to extreme magnifications and still maintain incredible sharpness. Here is a picture by Bjorn Rorslett in Oslo, taken with the 35mm on a D1x.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/images/welcome20567.jpg

The only problems are that they are fixed focus and that once you've added the necessary stepping rings etc...you have a rather long, thin lens which allows in VERY little light at all. This means that composing can be real difficult as when you look through the viewfinder you see almost total darkness. Therefore, good artificial lighting via flash is essential

Should be interesting to see what can be achieved with them. Of course, this is one of the big advantages with shooting a D-SLR as opposed to an analogue camera: instant feedback via chimping:)
Don't get it right the first time? Hey, delete and shoot again.

I'm actually thinking of rebuilding the lenses with a focussing ring, together with a friend of mine who's rather a dab hand at these kind of lens adaptions.
All the above lenses are actually 39mm Leica screw mounts which then have to e adapted for F-mount cameras. Can't wait to get started but they won't arrive for a week or so as I found them in Texas, US.

Best, Duncan

Camerans

Aktiv medlem
BTW The picture here was of a fly that had "fallen asleep" inside a flower, as Bjorn put it.
The thing that sold me was:

1. The amazing pattern on the flies eyes.
2. The pollen peices that are sticking to it, including it's eyes!

Wonderful stuff. Going to be a steep learning process, though, I fear:)

Best, Duncan

ANNONS