Annons

Lens cleaning / repair

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

Ketsuppi11

Ny medlem
Hi,
I am relatively new in Sweden and bought an old lens from Blocket which has something nasty inside. I have a feeling that it's Fungus.

Could anyone please recommend me a place where I could it send it to be cleaned?

Thank you for your help!

FlyerOne

Aktiv medlem
I am sorry to be a "party spoiler", but IF it is fungus, it is almost never worthwhile to repair it. It would require a complete dissassembly of all the lens elements, and then cleaning, assembling and adjusting everything using expensive equipment, seldom found outside the manufacturer's facilities. Also, fungus has a nasty habit to etch the glass, making it necessary to replace one or more lens elements.

IF it is fungus, the lens may be essentially worthless. Did you buy it recently? Then you can contact the seller and try to revoke your purchase.

IF it is just dust, it is not as terrible as many believe it is. I don't think I have ever seen a lens that was completely free of internal dust.

Ketsuppi11

Ny medlem
I am sorry to be a "party spoiler", but IF it is fungus, it is almost never worthwhile to repair it. It would require a complete dissassembly of all the lens elements, and then cleaning, assembling and adjusting everything using expensive equipment, seldom found outside the manufacturer's facilities. Also, fungus has a nasty habit to etch the glass, making it necessary to replace one or more lens elements.

IF it is fungus, the lens may be essentially worthless. Did you buy it recently? Then you can contact the seller and try to revoke your purchase.

IF it is just dust, it is not as terrible as many believe it is. I don't think I have ever seen a lens that was completely free of internal dust.
It's a 30 year old manual focus lens. It's a great lens and I got it with good price so I would be willing to get it cleaned, if it doesn't cost over 650sek.

The transaction with the seller was very difficult so I don't have high hopes of getting help from him.

Any camera repair places in Sweden that you can recommend for this type of work?

Thanks!

Oförbätterlig

Aktiv medlem
I'm terribly sorry, but 650 SEK won't buy you more than about a single hours worth of work from a professional repairman in Sweden. By your description it doesn't sound likely that one hour would suffice. Perhaps you could try having a professional estimating the damage for free or a very small cost in order to make an estimation of the cost of repair?

Greetings!

Daniel

ANNONS