Annons

Floating hide bird photography

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

epar

Aktiv medlem
Jag letar efter en eller två fågelfantaster som skulle vara intresserade av att följa med till Bulgarien nästa år. Fokus ligger på 'floating hide' fotografering, bifogar information om detta från mitt mejl konversation med killen där som organiserar det. Han är pålitlig, kan fåglar, resan är organiserad på 'all inclusive' basis:

The very best period: 01st to 20th of May . The dates before and after this period are also possible.

Duration: I do recommend 6 to 8 days photography ( 4 to 6 full days)

Number of people: two photographers is best. If you are single will be too expensive. Also, when you are two people in the water is more safe. Organising floating hide is difficult and I do organise this for maximum 3 photographers.

Price: for 2 photographers for 7 days trip - the cost will be 1150 euro per person. Singe room supplement is 80 euro. The cost will cover all your general needs: ground transportation, food, refreshments, hotels, floating and other hides, possibly boats, guiding. No hidden extras.

Airport to use: Sofia Airport (recommended) , Bucharest Airport, Varna Airport

Every spring we do floating hide and we have good results. But not every spring the conditions are easy for really great shots. Some ears the water level in the wetlands ( unusually we use several different places) is good and easy to go, but some years the water level can be too high or too low and this make our work difficult. The bird activities depend from the water as well. The water level in the wetlands depend from the water level of Danube. If the water level is really bad – we can use and several places inside the country where the water level is controlled. So for sure you will have chance to do floating hide photography – the question is how easy and how good will be conditions.

The most typical birds along Danube wetlands are:
Black-necked Grebe
Red-necked Grebe
Little Grebe
Garganey
Pygmy Cormorant
Moorhen
Coot
Whiskered Tern
Night Heron
Penduline tit
May is still period for bird migration and you can expect migrating birds in this area - like waders, Spoonbills, Glossy Ibis

If we go to internal wetland the most typical birds will be:
Little Bittern ,Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, , Little Egret, Night Heron, Moorhen, Kingfisher.

Because the chance to have high water ( even just for short places to cross) will be best to have wet neoprene. I have several but for good hygiene and comfort will be best to bring your own neoprene. Normal price for neoprene ( 5mm) usually is about 100- 200euro depending from the quality.

If the weather is not good or in case of difficulties with the wetlands, during this period good alternatives will be to photograph and other birds like:
European Turtle-Dove
Isabelline Wheatear
Black Woodpecker
Green Woodpecker
Hoopoe
Little Owl
Common Nightingale
European Souslik
Syrian Woodpecker
Hawfinch
Corn, Cirl, Ortolan and Black-headed buntings
Shrikes, Larks and other.

This and last year we had excellent options to photograph Capercaillie.! I hope next spring will be also good for them and you will have chance for this birds as well.

So, I can promise that if you come during the period 01st to 20th of May you will have options for floating hide photography. But how good and easy will be – I can not tell you. The good moment is that during this period we have many other alternatives and you will be busy with your photography. In general spring is very dynamic time full with changes and surprises. This trip will require more effort and in some situation can be long driving. You are strong and I do not worry that you will not manage in water condition. Please, have in mind that if somebody join you – he have to be in good physical condition as well. If you do not manage to find photo friend – then I can start to look for other photographer to join you.

Mvh, Edward

ANNONS